Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Will you choose joy?


When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I usually think of is how I can get ready faster so I can squeeze in a few more z's before starting the day. I sluggishly hit the snooze button and go back to sleep wishing it was a Saturday, and hoping that the time will pass by slowly. I don't always wake up and happily thank God for the beautiful day he created (this usually takes an hour or so of "waking up" for me to do ;) and then start my morning with a bright smile.

But the truth is, I have absolutely no reason to start my day with a frown. Every morning I wake up there is a new day, a new sunrise, and a new chance to serve my Creator with all I have. The Bible considers joy a very important aspect of being a christian...after all, knowing that Jesus died so that we can wake up each morning with a clean slate should be more than enough to put a smile on our faces! Here are some verses I found that talk about joy:


"The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight for living." Psalm 19:8


"You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy." Psalm 30:11


"When he prays to God, he will be accepted. And God will receive him with joy and restore him to good standing." Job 33:26


"So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy." John 16:22


And finally,


"But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy." Psalm 5:11


So from now on, it will be my goal not to think of waking up in the morning as a burden, but as something refreshing: a new start.  Farewell my friends, and remember...choose joy!





No comments:

Post a Comment