Monday, October 3, 2011

When everything else becomes a loss.....

"What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ." Philippians 3:8 




This is my all time favorite verse of the whole entire Bible. And no, even though it is a beautiful verse, I don't just love it because it sounds nice. I love it because it's true


I am still young in my relationship with Christ. I am still prideful, selfish and vain, but I fully believe that when you put your eyes on the Almighty God, everything else in the world seems so small. So useless. Everything else is like garbage. 


If you have ever truly encountered God before, you probably know this. You know that when you see everything else compared to Him, it almost makes you feel like a complete idiot. But yet we still get caught up in sin because of the enemies relentless quest to capture out hearts, souls and minds. 


Its important to realize that no matter what, we will always sin while on earth, but that shouldn't stop us from pursing our King. I am constantly striving to discover this breathtaking relationship between God and man. And even though I will never understand it completely, my prayer is that Jesus Christ would turn my eyes and your eyes onto Him: the Unchanging Rock, the Prince of Peace, the Almighty God who's love is larger than life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment